We’ve made it to another Friday and it’s time to celebrate!
We have three top sapphic books with the most clicks this week, 5 Random Things about author Amber Perez, freebies, and a sweet doggie to get your weekend off to a wonderful start!
We also have some great news to share. The BookFinder hit 2800 books this morning! You may recall that we launched the site in October with 1000 books in the database, and our goal is to keep growing as fast as we can. We’ve had over 21,000 searches in the BookFinder so far. Have you tried it?
Authors, whether you have new releases or older books, if they aren’t in the database yet, please send them in!
Have you checked out Blind Date with a Sapphic Book?
To celebrate Romance Month, Jae created a month-long event called Blind Date with a Sapphic Book.
Spice up your reading in February by going on a blind date with a sapphic book (or two…or three), all of them discounted, free, or part of a giveaway for this special occasion. 70+ authors are offering a sapphic romance for you to discover.
Every week, the batch of books will be swapped for new “blind dates” so you can find a new literary love each week of the month, on Jae’s website.
Please remember that sale prices listed in today’s post are valid for a limited time only and may change without notice. International prices may vary. Always check the price in your local marketplace before purchasing.
5 Random Things is our way of helping readers to get to know top sapphic book authors all the while having a bit of fun.
Here are five random facts about Amber Perez.
- I’m over 50% deaf from birth and didn’t know it until I was 19! I made it through school with good grades, learned to play the flute, and sang in the choir. I didn’t find out about my hearing impairment until I attempted to join the Navy after high school. Somehow, I made it through processing and even shipped out to bootcamp in Great Lakes. After cutting all of my hair off, getting a ton of immunizations, and getting yelled at for a few days, they found out I had a birth defect and had about 50% ability in my left ear and less than 47% in my right. Apparently, I learned to read lips very early and no one ever knew! So, if we meet and I don’t respond? I promise I’m not being stuck up, I just need to look at your mouth as we talk!
- Even though I didn’t realize it was a thing until after I wrote my first book, Shay’s Gamble, I guess I’m a toaster oven lesbian! I was married to a man for 22 years and didn’t come out until I was 41. I’m a real life sapphic romance trope!
- I am a die-hard Dallas Cowboys fan. I know, I know, but don’t hold that against me if you’re not! I visited the old stadium back when I was about 3 years old and have pictures of me on the 50-yard line and in Roger Staubach’s locker (if you know football then you know Staubach). I have amassed a rather extensive memorabilia collection that consists of signed footballs, helmets, jerseys, collector cards, and so much more. My goal is to eventually turn a spare room into my memorabilia display room.
- I am a college freshman at 45! Yes, you read that right. I married young and started a family. I loved being able to stay home and be a mom. Now that my youngest is a senior in high school, I decided it’s my turn! I’m majoring in Forensic Psychology with plans to become a mitigator.
- I am a tattoo junkie!! I love ink and figure as long as I have blank skin then I need more tattoos. I had my first one done as a gift when I was 19 then waited on my second until I was in my 30’s. Since then? I’m pretty much covered. My current project is a full leg sleeve paying homage to my Viking ancestry.
Lexi’s Cup of Tea released today! Get it here.
The freebie deals have ended.
The sweet Rudy belongs to Jennifer, a reader.
That’s all for today.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Friday!
Miranda & TB
IHS has big plans to grow our offerings in 2023. More books! New features! So many ways to find your next favorite sapphic read! Our wish list is long, and the expenses add up fast. If what we do is valuable to you and you’d like us to be able to do even more, please consider helping out with a donation of any size. Every little bit helps!