We’ve made it to another Friday and it’s time to celebrate!
Find out the three top sapphic books with the most clicks this week, 5 Random Things about author Eliza Lentzski, freebies, and a dog with such a sweet face to get your weekend off to a wonderful start!
Eliza Lentzski is our Random 5 author today, and we’re thrilled to welcome her! She shares a fact about haunted houses. As it happens, TB loves haunted houses. With all its history, New England is known for ghosts. One of TB’s favorite haunted houses is the Official Lizzie Borden House, which is a bed and breakfast.
TB has never stayed there because she’s a scaredy cat, but Miranda has a friend who stayed there as a bride. This friend had booked the inn because it was close to her wedding venue. When the owners found out, the happy couple was upgraded to the murder room for their wedding night!
What type of story do you think a wedding night in a haunted house should inspire, romance or horror? Miranda says it’s the perfect set up for a rom com. TB votes for horror. And speaking of sapphic horror novels…
We’ve added quite a few sapphic horror books to the database! You can them find here. In fact, we have officially surpassed 3,000 books in the BookFinder database! We continue to add new books every week. If you haven’t done so lately, give the BookFinder a try.
Please remember that sale prices listed in today’s post are valid for a limited time only and may change without notice. International prices may vary. Always check the price in your local marketplace before purchasing.
5 Random Things is our way of helping readers to get to know top sapphic book authors all the while having a bit of fun.
Here are five random facts about Eliza Lentzski.
1. I used to be terrified of anything remotely scary; I couldn’t even handle watching The X-Files. Horror films are now one of my favorite genres, and I love going to haunted houses.
2. Growing up, I was so shy that I would pay my little sister to talk on the phone for me. Today, through my work as a historian, I regularly give presentations to large groups of people.
3. I played organized hockey on an all-boys team until eighth grade. Ice skating is still one of my favorite activities.
4. During summers when I was in college, I worked as a costumed interpreter at a historic fort. I got married twice a day in a reenactment of a French-Canadian wedding. I’ve probably been married over 500 times.
5. I started publishing sapphic fiction when I wasn’t able to find a job immediately after getting my PhD. Because of the success of books like Winter Jacket, I was able to extend my job search and hold out for my dream job. (Not that publishing sapphic fiction isn’t also a dream!)
Have you read Sour Grapes yet. It’s now available in audio! Get it here.
Bailey has such a sweet face! Submitted by Pam, a reader.
That’s all for today.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Friday!
Miranda & TB
IHS has big plans to grow our offerings in 2023. More books! New features! So many ways to find your next favorite sapphic read! Our wish list is long, and the expenses add up fast. If what we do is valuable to you and you’d like us to be able to do even more, please consider helping out with a donation of any size. Every little bit helps!