We’ve made it to another Friday and it’s time to celebrate!
Find out the top 3 sapphic books with the most clicks this week, 5 Random Things about sapphic author Martha Miller, and a beautiful dog. And don’t forget to scroll all the way to the end of this post for an ally who spoke up during a US congressional hearing.
Have you joined the IHS Community?
Yesterday on the IHS Patreon, TB shared a story about how her pussy got her strip searched at Denver International Airport.
Is it what you think? Find out!
If you’re not a Patreon member, you can sign up for a free trial to read the post.
Check it out here!
Top 5 Sapphic Books of 2023
We’ve been asking readers to share their top 5 reads of 2023 and today we’re kicking off sharing them.
Today author S. Y. Thompson unveils their top reads that include authors Brey Willows, Virginia Black, Miranda MacLeod & TB Markinson, Silvia Shaw, and Lise MacTague.
Find out the books right here.
Sapphic Holiday Romances
Check out this wonderful showcase of sapphic holiday romances that 25 authors have been putting together for you.
- A fake-relationship romance by A.L. Brooks
- A romance by Chelsea M. Cameron, in which two co-workers who can’t stand each other have to share a bed
- A one-night-stand-to-forever romance by Miranda MacLeod
- A second-chance romance that also features an adorable baby emu by Frankie Fyre
- and many more!
Find them here!
Authors: We’re Organizing the IHS 99c End of Year Blowout Sale
We’re organizing a 99c that will run December 26-28.
Here are the important deets:
- There is one price point for this sale: 99c.
- In order to include a book in our event, it must be 99c, or the lowest price possible in local currencies, in all global Amazon marketplaces.
- You can submit up to 5 books per pen name for this event. Each book will require its own submission form.
Here’s the form to submit your book(s).
The submission deadline is December 21, 2023.
NOW FOR FRIDAY FUN!
Please remember that sale prices listed in today’s post are valid for a limited time only and may change without notice. International prices may vary. Always check the price in your local marketplace before purchasing.
5 Random Things is our way of helping readers to get to know top sapphic book authors all the while having a bit of fun.
Here are five random facts about Martha Miller.
1. I wrote my first novel in 8th grade Social Studies class.
2. My father loved motorcycles. I don’t remember a time when we didn’t have at least one. While other kids’ family activities centered around camping and fishing, our family went to Hill Climbs and Motorcycle races. Once we had a side car and went from Illinois to Kansas City (about 10 hours) with 3 little girls in it and Mom and Dad on the bike.
3. I had my first motorcycle when I was 12 years old. It was a Harley 125 (small one) and as I was too young to ride it in the street, I rode it all over our lot and around the house. Looking back, I’m sure I drove the neighbors nuts. Nothing sounds like a Harley.
4. While I had my first lesbian experience in my early twenties, I got married and had two kids before I came out late in life—in my early 40’s. I started publishing short stories after that. I was 48 when my first book “Skin to Skin” was published. Since then, I’ve had 7 more books published.
5. I worked for a Bank for 27 years. The job wasn’t right for me, but I kept at it as I had 2 children to support alone. Mid-life, I finished my education and started teaching college English (which I loved) until I retired.
Have you read Me Inside yet?
Meet Kuma! Kuma revels in the fall leaves. He’s a very good boy, who just passed his Canine Good Citizen test. Submitted by author Kim Katil.
QUEER NEWS THAT’LL MAKE YOU SMILE
It can seem sometimes like all the news these days is bad. We won’t deny there’s a lot of troubling things going on, including a rise in hate crimes. But it’s not all terrible out there! We want to do our best to highlight good news, because while it may seem like the world is filled with hate, there are many individuals who are living their best lives with a rainbow in their heart.
This week’s good news involves the US House of Representatives (we know that’s something that isn’t said much these days or ever).
During a congressional hearing about restricting trans people from sports, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez had some important things to say.
“We’re here today because there’s a proposal here to further marginalize trans women in sports. I think about this all the time because trans people in the United States doesn’t even exceed one per cent of our population and yet, there are so many resources, energy and time dedicated to figuring out how we can more finely exclude them from our sports.”
Some states have enacted “sex testing,” which allows people to say they don’t believe a girl athlete is female. They might have to go through a physical, including genital, examination.
AOC went on to say, “We are talking about opening up all women and girls to genital examinations when they are underage, potentially just because someone can point to someone and say ‘I don’t think you’re a girl’.”
These impacts athletes of color the most. This isn’t about protecting women. The Republicans are stoking culture wars because they think that’s what people want and what will get them votes. It’s disgusting, wrong, and heartbreaking.
Here’s AOC putting them in their place, “And so, we’re supposed to sit here on this side of the dias… and see a party that has voted against women’s access to abortion, voted against the Lilly Ledbetter Equal Pay Act, voted against the Violence Against Women Act, voted against our right to have access to contraception, and also doesn’t even vote for equal funding, equitable funding in women’s sports and I’m supposed to believe this is who’s looking out for my best interests?”
We applaud AOC’s takedown of those proposing these restrictions. We need more allies, especially ones who can garner millions of views for their clips, speaking up for trans rights and calling out the haters. The more people learn what is truly happening, the better.
And we love how AOC never shies away from saying what’s right, despite how her words will make the fanatics froth at the mouth. She’s truly brave and fighting the good fight.
You can watch the clip of AOC here.
That’s all for today.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Friday!
Miranda & TB
IHS has big plans to grow our offerings in 2024. More books! New features! So many ways to find your next favorite sapphic read! Our wish list is long, and the expenses add up fast. If what we do is valuable to you and you’d like us to be able to do even more, please consider helping out with a donation of any size. Every little bit helps!