We made it to another Friday and it’s time to celebrate.
Here at IHS Headquarters we’ve collapsed into a puddle after surviving the Mega Sale. TB plans to binge watch British telly and Miranda is going to see the Nutcracker with her parents. Fun side note, her parents entered hundreds of books into the BookFinder database because they’re that awesome, just like Miranda who puts up with TB’s temper tantrums. Side note: one of TB’s 2023 resolutions is to work on curbing those tantrums.
Now for today’s Friday Feels.
Please remember that sale prices listed in today’s post are valid for a limited time only and may change without notice. International prices may vary. Always check the price in your local marketplace before purchasing.
5 Random Things is our way of helping readers to get to know authors all the while having a bit of fun.
Here are five random facts about S.E. Smyth.
1. I collect 78 RPM shellac records from the early 20th century. Several times a year, you can find me following up on leads and digging records out of retired folks’ basements. My favorites: Bessie Smith, Gwen Farrar, Ma Rainey, and Lucille Bogan!
2. My favorite toy when I was a kid was my He-Man dress up outfit complete with sword, belt, and wristbands. Welp, I loved that costume.
3. I’ve struggled with mental health throughout my life and consider myself gratefully in recovery. I don’t talk about it a lot, but you often find emotional characters in my books.
4. My wife is adamant I tell you I was a raver, skateboarder, dork, vegetarian, vegan, and punk in high school. Not necessarily in that order. You may or may not find these character types in future books.
5. Twenty-odd years ago, I worked as an archaeologist in the forests of Pennsylvania. With a lack of entertainment choices in the middle of nowhere and only two radio stations, I learned to belt out the full lyrics to classic rock hits such as Hotel California.
S.E. is a sapphic author and her first book from NineStar Press out in the world now! Find it here.
This is Anastasia Mistyblues Silvia Romanov whose Hooman slave is reader Jane. She likes ice lollies in hot weather.
One final thing! If you are an author, either published or aspiring, make sure you check out the latest Writerly Wednesday newsletter.
That’s all for this week.
Wishing all of you a wonderful weekend!
Miranda & TB