We’ve made it to another Friday and it’s time to celebrate!
Find out the three top sapphic books with the most clicks this week, 5 Random Things about author Brenda Murphy, freebies, and two adorable dogs to get your weekend off to a wonderful start!
We are thrilled to showcase Laina Villeneuve’s adorable dogs today. TB wasn’t surprised one bit by the hilarious picture. She and Miranda had the pleasure of meeting Laina last year at GCLS in Alburquerque. Laina had them laughing the entire time! One thing you need to know is TB and Laina have unusually small heads. They noticed this similarity right away. Each became convinced she had the smallest head, and eventually, the measuring tape came out. That’s right, they had to prove it once and for all. As it turns out, Laina’s head is just a bit tinier than TB’s. Now the two sign all emails to each other with “small head, big brain.”
In other news, the BookFinder database now has over 3,100 books. Miranda and TB have a bet going as to when they will hit 5K. TB says by May 20th, but Miranda is hoping for June if we’re lucky and thinks TB has lost her mind. TB would like to remind everyone that her brain is ginormous even if her head is tiny. Miranda would like to remind everyone that TB is crazy enough that she actually tracked down a measuring tape in the middle of a hotel ballroom in New Mexico just to make a point. Now that Miranda rereads that, she’s switching her bet to May 20. TB is very stubborn.
Now for Friday Fun!
Please remember that sale prices listed in today’s post are valid for a limited time only and may change without notice. International prices may vary. Always check the price in your local marketplace before purchasing.
5 Random Things is our way of helping readers to get to know top sapphic book authors all the while having a bit of fun.
Here are five random facts about Brenda Murphy.
1. I am a licensed General class amateur radio operator (KE8PRD) and spend a few hours every weekend working the digital FT8 mode on the 20-meter band so if you are on the airwaves give me a shout out.
2. I was a cooking instructor at our local cookware store for five years and during that time and was able to sous-chef for one of my childhood idols, Sara Moulton when she came to do a book signing.
3. The first book length manuscript (Sum of the Whole) I ever submitted became my first book with NineStar Press. Sum of the Whole started out as a long short story that was rejected (thank you nameless editor, you were right). After that my author bestie convinced me it needed to be a book and to send it in.
4. I am an avid gardener and spend a lot of experimenting with growing vegetables and fruit trees. If I get stuck on a plot point, spending a few hours outside in with my hands in the dirt usually sorts it out.
5. I am obsessed with campy horror films (ridiculous scripts, hokey special effects, bad acting), and like nothing better than settling in with a big bowl of popcorn to laugh my way through them.
Have you signed up for Brenda’s newsletter?
The poodle up high is Piper. The one down low is Bandit. I set him down like this as a joke, and ten minutes later, he hadn’t moved. Submitted by author Laina Villeneuve.
That’s all for today.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Friday!
Miranda & TB
IHS has big plans to grow our offerings in 2023. More books! New features! So many ways to find your next favorite sapphic read! Our wish list is long, and the expenses add up fast. If what we do is valuable to you and you’d like us to be able to do even more, please consider helping out with a donation of any size. Every little bit helps!