We’ve made it to another Friday and it’s time to celebrate!
Find out the top 3 sapphic books with the most clicks this week, 5 Random Things about sapphic author Karen Frost, women loving women book freebies, and an adorable dog who thinks she’s a cat!
One Million Views!
We announced recently that we were close to hitting one million views and guess what… we did it! TB had figured out the site would hit the one million mark sometime on September 14. Unfortunately, this was a day TB had planned to be out of the office. So TB called Miranda in the morning and tasked her with getting a screenshot of that moment when the counter tipped over to one million. Sadly, Miranda has a terrible memory. (Miranda would like to take this opportunity to point out she was also a bit distracted trying to find the items in her fridge that had spoiled when her power went out during the flood earlier this week.) By the time TB got home, the one million had come and gone, but she did get this shot.
But hold the phone! This isn’t our only one million announcements. We also hit one million lifetime hits on our universal Amazon book links. That means there have been one million clicks on books on IHS since 2018. That’s a lot! We’ve also reached 170 countries.
It warms our heart that so many readers are finding sapphic books. Here’s to the next million!
Free Sapphic Contemporary Romances
Adrian J. Smith has organized a free book event on BookFunnel. Full disclosure: To get the freebies, you’ll be asked to sign up for author newsletters. Personally, we like getting newsletters because it’s a good way to never miss one of their new releases and updates.
There are some big names involved, including Rachel Lacey, Fiona Zedde, Jamey Moody, Chris Zett, and more.
Check them out here.
NOW FOR FRIDAY FUN!
Please remember that sale prices listed in today’s post are valid for a limited time only and may change without notice. International prices may vary. Always check the price in your local marketplace before purchasing.
5 Random Things is our way of helping readers to get to know top sapphic book authors all the while having a bit of fun.
Here are five random facts about Karen Frost.
1. I’ve learned eight languages and lived in multiple countries, so when possible, I like to incorporate aspects of that into my books. This is why my French character Georgette in “The Lady Adventurers Club” taught in Kolkata and why there are snippets of Arabic!
2. I got to try out for the US Women’s Olympic skeleton team after filling out an online form in the late 2000s. I was invited to the track at Lake Placid, New York, where I promptly showed I had all but no aptitude for skeleton. My roommate during that week was a cast member (gladiator) on “American Gladiator”!
3. Like most women of a certain age, the show “Xena: Warrior Princess” made me realize I was gay. To honor this awakening, years later I went to one of the annual Xena conventions in Burbank, California, and got to see the cast in real life. Worth it!
4. Even though I write fantasy, when it comes to Netflix, my go-to has become baking shows. This might make sense if I baked, but I can’t…at all…
5. I’m hugely passionate about helping get more LGBT web series, TV shows, and movies made. In 2021, I started an investment company to fund the creation of web series around the world. The first two web series, out of Brazil and Australia, will be out this year.
Check out Karen’s latest book The Demon’s Guide to the Apocalypse.
Meet Kara! I know it’s supposed to be a Caturday… But Kara (this ginger-toller look-alike) sometimes identifies as one. That shelf is on my eye level, I truly don’t know how she scrambled up there. Submitted by Aleks, a reader.
QUEER NEWS THAT’LL MAKE YOU SMILE
It can seem sometimes like all the news these days is bad. We won’t deny there’s a lot of troubling things going on, including a rise in hate crimes. But it’s not all terrible out there! We want to do our best to highlight good news, because while it may seem like the world is filled with hate, there are many individuals who are living their best lives with a rainbow in their heart.
This week’s good news is about love, which warms the cockles of TB’s romance-writing heart. (She’s not sure what cockles are or precisely where they are located in the heart, but they are definitely warmer right now.)
Back in 2005, friends set up Robin Roberts, (an American broadcaster and anchor of Good Morning America), on a blind date with Amber Laign. However, they were both a little hesitant after bad experiences in the past and kept cancelling on each other. Finally, they met up with the friends who set them up on the date. As it turns out, Roberts enjoyed the drinks and invited the others to dinner. After that, Roberts wanted to see Laign again before leaving on a trip but waited a day or two not to seem overeager.
Laign let it go to voicemail, too nervous to answer. She got up the nerve and called back.
A good thing because their friends were right. They were made for each other.
On September 8, 2023, the couple married.
You can read more about it here.
That’s all for today.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Friday!
Miranda & TB
IHS has big plans to grow our offerings in 2024. More books! New features! So many ways to find your next favorite sapphic read! Our wish list is long, and the expenses add up fast. If what we do is valuable to you and you’d like us to be able to do even more, please consider helping out with a donation of any size. Every little bit helps!