We’ve made it to another Friday and it’s time to celebrate!
Find out the three top sapphic books with the most clicks this week, 5 Random Things about author Tiana Warner, freebies, and a cute turtle to get your weekend off to a wonderful start!
We’re thrilled to showcase a turtle for pet of the week. It’s so much fun to get a more unusual pet photo, and we love to see all the animals our readers and authors love. Did you know, TB and Miranda both had turtles as pets when they were younger? This was one of those funny coincidences you just can’t make up. Anyone else out there have a turtle?
Speaking of turtles, one or two of TB’s exes (or maybe more) have likened her to a turtle because of her uncanny ability to tuck her head down when things go south. It’s safe to say, if zombies attack, TB will not be out front fighting them off. She’s also slow like a turtle, so your best bet is probably to run fast and cross your fingers the zombies catch her first.
Speaking of zombies, have you read Dead Lez Walking by G Benson? As far as we know, there are no turtles in it, but we suggest reading it anyway.
Have you checked out Blind Date with a Sapphic Book?
Discover the new batch of books on Jae’s website.
Please remember that sale prices listed in today’s post are valid for a limited time only and may change without notice. International prices may vary. Always check the price in your local marketplace before purchasing.
5 Random Things is our way of helping readers to get to know top sapphic book authors all the while having a bit of fun.
Here are five random facts about Tiana Warner.
- I didn’t realize I was into women until after I wrote my first book in my early 20s about a girl who falls in love with a mermaid. You could say that was my coming-out experience.
- I have a rescue dog named Joey who’s afraid of men and is on 2-4 different types of medication, depending on the day. He had a rough start in life, but he’s a very happy guy and is thriving under all my hugs and kisses.
- Most of my writing is accomplished first thing in the morning fueled by oatmeal and coffee.
- I’ve ridden horses all my life and once rode competitively in dressage, show jumping, and eventing. Now I ride casually on a gelding named Flynn.
- I have a degree in Computer Science, which I used for years before deciding I actually sort of hate programming and would rather write stories than code.
Have you signed up for Tiana’s newsletter to stay in touch?
Our tortoise Ash is very energetic. Submitted by Dolora, a reader.
That’s all for today.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Friday!
Miranda & TB
IHS has big plans to grow our offerings in 2023. More books! New features! So many ways to find your next favorite sapphic read! Our wish list is long, and the expenses add up fast. If what we do is valuable to you and you’d like us to be able to do even more, please consider helping out with a donation of any size. Every little bit helps!