We’ve made it to another Friday and it’s time to celebrate!
Find out the top 3 sapphic books with the most clicks this week, 5 Random Things about sapphic author Huckleberry Rahr, and two sweet dogs. And don’t forget to scroll all the way to the end of this post for good news about California.
DEADLINE TO JOIN THE IHS NOVEMBER MEGA SALE IS NOVEMBER 20
Here are the vital details about the sale:
- It’ll run November 24 through November 28
- Authors can include up to 5 books per pen name
- The sale price points are: $0.99, $1.99, $2.99, & $3.99
- If you’re listing your book at $2.99 or higher, the book must be at least a 50% discount off the regular price. That means perma 99c and $1.99 books are allowed, but if you want to list for $2.99, the book must have a regular price of $5.99 or higher.
- Books MUST be at their sale price in ALL marketplaces no later than noon EST on November 23 (this is the day before the official start to give us time to check all the prices)
- Deadline to join the sale is November 20
Here’s the link to submit your books.
IT’S ALMOST THE END OF 2023!
Can you believe there are only 8 weeks left in 2023? We hope you’ve made some great progress on your TBRs this year, and we’d love to hear about some of your favorites. That’s why we’re asking readers to submit their Top 5 Reads of 2023.
This simple form asks for your top 5 books this year, and is open to readers/authors/reviewers/bloggers. Just one caveat: authors, you may NOT select one of your own books (including books you wrote under a different pen name).
The books you choose do not have to have been released in 2023, simply ones that you read for the first time this past year.
If you’re an author/reviewer/blogger, we invite you to share some details about yourself and your website so we can help you get the word out.
Submissions are open NOW, and we’ll start posting your Top 5 Reads of 2023 in December and will continue sharing them into the new year.
YOU CAN HELP IHS WITH YOUR HOLIDAY SHOPPING!
If you’re shopping for gifts on Amazon, it would be fantastic if you could click on one of our affiliate links first. That way we earn a small commission for your purchase. Every penny we get helps keep the lights on and it’s a simple way to support I Heart SapphFic. Here’s a link you can click to get you to Amazon.
Thanks so much for the help!
NOW FOR FRIDAY FUN!
Please remember that sale prices listed in today’s post are valid for a limited time only and may change without notice. International prices may vary. Always check the price in your local marketplace before purchasing.
5 Random Things is our way of helping readers to get to know top sapphic book authors all the while having a bit of fun.
Here are five random facts about Huckleberry Rahr.
1. Huckleberry is my REAL name, given to me by my lesbian mothers.
2. I was born in California in a home with several families. The joke was, with a Justice and a Liberty, it’s lucky I wasn’t named ‘for all’!
3. My son loves my baking but requests I don’t, because none of us needs that many ‘sugars’ around, because apparently I cook at least five different things at a time.
4. I’m dyslexic and was told many times growing up I was not a strong writer.
5. I have taught math in both the U.S. and Papua New Guinea.
Have you read Wolf Healer yet?
Meet Roxie Lee and Bear Lee! These two fur babies are inseparable. Roxie Lee loves to herd her big brother, but he’s truly the captain of the ship. Submitted by author S.L. Brown.
QUEER NEWS THAT’LL MAKE YOU SMILE
It can seem sometimes like all the news these days is bad. We won’t deny there’s a lot of troubling things going on, including a rise in hate crimes. But it’s not all terrible out there! We want to do our best to highlight good news, because while it may seem like the world is filled with hate, there are many individuals who are living their best lives with a rainbow in their heart.
This week’s good news involves California, where TB & Miranda were born.
This week is Trans Awareness Week, so it’s the perfect time to share that California is the first state in the US to declare August Transgender History Month. They passed the resolution in September of this year.
We applaud California for creating a Transgender History Month. Given the rise of hate and anti-trans laws it’s imperative to boost awareness. Trans people have existed throughout human history. Their history should be celebrated and hopefully this will help combat the rise of misinformation and violent acts against the trans community. Education is a vital component for battling hate.
Here at IHS, we’re Trans Allies. Let’s all come together to protect trans kids.
Click here to read more about California’s resolution.
That’s all for today.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Friday!
Miranda & TB
IHS has big plans to grow our offerings in 2024. More books! New features! So many ways to find your next favorite sapphic read! Our wish list is long, and the expenses add up fast. If what we do is valuable to you and you’d like us to be able to do even more, please consider helping out with a donation of any size. Every little bit helps!