We’ve made it to another Friday and it’s time to celebrate!
Find out the top 3 sapphic books with the most clicks this week, 5 Random Things about sapphic author Natasja Hellenthal, and two adorable dogs named Yoda & Zoe! And don’t forget to scroll all the way to the end of this post for a heartwarming story about a little boy wearing a favorite outfit to school.
CALLING ALL SAPPHIC AUTHORS
It’s that time of year again! We’re prepping for the 2024 Reading Challenge.
Like last year, there will be 2 categories per week so we can feature as many books as possible.
You can submit as many books as you want. We recommend ticking as many boxes that apply for each book to increase the odds of your book being selected. Remember, we can only feature an author once in each category. So submitting 5 books with Ice Queen as the only category means 4 of your books will automatically be excluded. The more data you provide, the better.
We’ll do our best to fit in as many books as we can, but we cannot guarantee a spot for every book submitted.
The sooner you submit your book(s) the better because TB will begin mapping out the categories and books as soon as she starts receiving them. The project usually takes her two months, meaning there’s not a lot of time to waste.
The submission deadline is December 1, 2023.
Here’s the 2024 Reading Challenge Submission form.
NOW FOR FRIDAY FUN!
Please remember that sale prices listed in today’s post are valid for a limited time only and may change without notice. International prices may vary. Always check the price in your local marketplace before purchasing.
5 Random Things is our way of helping readers to get to know top sapphic book authors all the while having a bit of fun.
Here are five random facts about Natasja Hellenthal.
1. I have a terrible sense of direction! I can get lost in a building. Sometimes I can’t even find my way out of a public bathroom. My girlfriend is my GPS as she never gets lost.
2. I have lived and worked in seven different countries, and have moved at least every two years since I was twenty-one! I currently live on a Greek island with my girlfriend and growing cat colony of rescued cats.
3. I have been vegan nearly twelve years (vegetarian since age 13). If I was going to teach my children about compassion and kindness I better lead by example were my thoughts. My only regret is that I didn’t do it sooner.
4. I am a HSP (highly sensitive person) and an empath which is not always as on top of my own emotions I am a sponge and pick up other energies too. Added to that I have a very strange kind of hearing. Some tones I hear, others I do (but other people don’t) If you move away from me I won’t be able to hear you but I can hear a truck from miles away. Oh, and earthquakes! I can feel those especially at night (although I am not sure sometimes because it is not always in the news).
5. I have my own book cover design company called Beyond Book Covers which I love as I enjoy creating art and be part of other people’s stories and book journeys! You can find my website here: www.beyondbookcovers.com
Have you read SKYWHISPERERS yet?
My kids….Yoda & Zoe!!! Submitted by Sandy, a reader.
QUEER NEWS THAT’LL MAKE YOU SMILE
It can seem sometimes like all the news these days is bad. We won’t deny there’s a lot of troubling things going on, including a rise in hate crimes. But it’s not all terrible out there! We want to do our best to highlight good news, because while it may seem like the world is filled with hate, there are many individuals who are living their best lives with a rainbow in their heart.
This week’s good news is about a little boy.
When Jayme Bean posted on social media a photo of her son heading off to school, she didn’t think many would see it. Her son is wearing a dress and Bean put a comment that stated: if any person says anything to him other than ‘I love your dress’ or ‘you look so pretty,’ I will metaphorically burn the whole system to the ground.
First, we want to applaud the mother for allowing her child to wear whatever makes him happy. Second, we love her feistiness.
The good news is the post received overwhelming support. Well mostly supportive. There were some jerks, but if you dig into the comments, other peeps showed photos of their sons in dresses. We love all the photos, especially the one with a boy in a princess dress and army helmet. Legend!
We encourage you to click on this link to see the photos. They made us smile!
That’s all for today.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Friday!
Miranda & TB
IHS has big plans to grow our offerings in 2024. More books! New features! So many ways to find your next favorite sapphic read! Our wish list is long, and the expenses add up fast. If what we do is valuable to you and you’d like us to be able to do even more, please consider helping out with a donation of any size. Every little bit helps!